We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Read our full disclosure here.
Are you feeling discouraged as a police wife? These are the best scriptures for police wives, organized by the issue you’re dealing with right now.
I love reading the scriptures when I’m having a hard time. I actually try to read them daily, and I’m getting better about the habit, even if I’m not perfect. My days go way more smoothly when I make time for scripture reading in the morning, though, so that helps encourage me to make it a priority.
If you’re feeling discouraged, the word of God is a great way to help you focus on what matters most. These are some of the best scriptures for police wives, and I’ve organized them by topic to hopefully make this a super useful resource!
The Best Scriptures for Police Wives
- “In peace I will liedown and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.” Psalm 4:8
- “Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?” Matthew 6:26-27
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.” Phillippians 4:6
- “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
Related Post: 4 Hidden Blessings of the Fear of Police Wife Life
Wondering whether you’re cut out for this life?
- “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” Matthew 7:7
- “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven”. -Matthew 5:3
- “Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.” -1 Corinthians 15:58
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
- “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.” 1 John 3:1
- “God [is] our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalms 46:1
Feeling frustrated because your plans changed – again?
- “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
Related Post: 3 Things To Remember When Your Husband Cancels Again
Feeling angry about the war on cops?
- “Blessed are the peacekeepers, for they shall by called the children of God.” Matthew 5:9
- “But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your father in heaven.” Matthew 5:44-45
- “Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.” Collossians 3:2
- “When the world hates you, remember they hated me first.” John 15:18
- “In your anger, do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.” Ephesians 4:26-27
Related Post: How To Cope With The War on Cops As A Police Wife
Wondering how to be a better wife?
- “A wife of noble character, who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.” Proverbs 31:10
- “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” Ephesians 4:2
- “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” John 13:34
Related Post: 40 Ways To Be An Awesome Wife
While these verses are an excellent starting point, I definitely recommend cracking open your personal bible (or open up a bible app :)) and reading for yourself. You never know what verses are going to hit you when, and God is best qualified to understand what you’re going through and give you the direction and comfort you need most.
In any case, I hope these helped you! 🙂
P.S. If you’re looking for scriptures for your husband, you can check out my list of scriptures for police officers here.
Subscribing via email (free!) is the best way to stay connected with Love and Blues! Join hundreds of other police wives who look forward to our weekly tips, tricks, and inspiration to having a happier life and marriage.
When you subscribe, you'll also be granted access to EVERYTHING in our free resource library. Seriously, you're gonna love it 🙂