Looking for a gift for the police wife in your life? Here are the top ideas for police wife gifts, no matter the occasion!
Police wives go through a lot, am I right?
Being married to a police officer is not a walk in the park for so many reasons… which means finding just the right gift idea for the police wife in your life means that much more.
After all, when you feel lousy and stressed out, someone going out of their way to give you something they think you’ll like… it just feels warm and fuzzy.
This is especially true if her love language is gift giving (especially if you happen to be her husband – just saying!)
That being said, it can be tough to choose just the right gift for the woman in question.
Where to start?
That’s where this post comes in.
Sometimes you just need the spark of an idea to find the right gift idea for the person in question, and that’s my goal: to give you lots of different ideas to consider!
Whether you’re looking for police wife gifts for a birthday, a holiday, or just as a random pick-me-up, you’re bound to find an idea on this list to fit the bill!
Side note: Not looking for police wife gifts, but gifts for police officers? Try out these posts:
- The Best Thoughtful And Practical Gifts For Police Officers
- The Best Police Academy Graduation Gifts Your Officer Will Totally Love
- The Best-Ever List Of Police Care Package Ideas For Your Officer
- 12 Tactical Stocking Stuffers That Will Make Your Officer’s Christmas (while this one is intended for Christmas, I think it works year round!)
7 Awesomely Useful Police Wife Gifts That Will Actually Be Appreciated
Thin Blue Line Jewelry
Jewelry is a pretty classic gift for women, so it’s a great place to start.
Best of all, there are lots of options for police wife jewelry that is not only gorgeous, but also in lots of different price ranges.
So whether you’re looking for something like an engagement ring (i.e., maybe less concerned about affordability) or a cute necklace or bracelet for a friend, you’ll be able to find something.
I have a few posts on this subject that will help give you some guidance, such as:
- The Most Beautiful And Affordable Police Wife Jewelry
- How To Find The Best Thin Blue Line Ring For You And Your Officer
If you would prefer to look for yourself, some of the best places to shop for jewelry police wife gifts would be:
- Amazon: Awesome to take advantage of two-day shipping if you’ve got a Prime membership (if you don’t, get a free 30 day trial here!). Plus, you can find some unique options from small businesses who sell through Amazon!
- Etsy: I personally love shopping for jewelry (or, well, anything) on Etsy, because you can find a more unique selection, there’s something for every budget, and you can’t beat the warm fuzzies that come from supporting small businesses.
- Thin Blue Line USA: This is such a great company to support, and they’ve got lots of options for both men and women!
- Aspire Gear: This company has tons of gorgeous and super affordable jewelry options. I have a thin blue line ring from them I absolutely adore! I wore it last pregnancy as a wedding ring when my original didn’t fit anymore.
Whatever the occasion you’re buying for, jewelry makes a great police wife gift idea!
Concealed Carry Gear
Especially in the political climate surrounding the police, one of the best ideas for police wife gifts is stuff that can help her better exercise her second amendment rights.
This can include holsters, concealed carry leggings, or accessories for her weapon (or maybe a nice gift card to buy herself a new one – all up to you!)
There are lots of concealed carry options for women, such as:
- CanCan Concealment Holsters: This brand has lots of options that are perfect for women who carry a gun, such as their hip hugger holster and thigh holster (perfect for using under a dress!). They are one of my favorite options because they’re so comfortable and versatile. I can even wear them under leggings, which is awesome.It’s also worth noting that the main Can Can Concealment website offers more colors than Amazon does, so if you’re not a fan of the black, purple, or pink, you might consider checking that out – especially if you want one with dark blue in homage to the thin blue line 🙂
- Undertech Undercover: This brand has holster options for both men and women in the form of belly bands, concealed carry shorts, leggings (both crop and full-length styles), and even tank tops.
If you want some more extensive information on each of these, check out these posts:
- The Best Way To Concealed Carry In Leggings
- How To Concealed Carry In A Dress
- Concealed Carry Clothes That Will Make The Rest Of Your Wardrobe Jealous
You might notice I didn’t recommend any concealed carry purses here. There’s a reason for that – I don’t recommend concealed carry purses in general.
Curious why? Read my post on 3 Reasons You Should Never, Ever Use A Concealed Carry Purse.
Of course, this is a tougher idea for police wife gifts because you have to be super familiar with her size. But again, a gift card always suffices if you want to help fund her concealed carry but aren’t sure what exactly she needs/wants!
Another option, though, is something like an iTarget with a bullet suited to her caliber of gun so that she can hone her skills without even having to go to the shooting range.
This is especially useful if she’s the mom of young kids and has a hard time finding time to pee alone, let alone spend hours training on her gun. (Ask me how I know.)
Either way, when thinking about police wife gifts, tactical gear should be on your list for sure.
I’m a big fan of gifts that can be put to good use, especially when that good use means enjoying a nice cup of hot chocolate.
Fortunately, there are plenty of options for things like this that incorporate aspects of police wife life and the thin blue line.
For example, there’s this 20 oz stainless steel police wife tumbler that is perfect for a police wife who is frequently on the go. Nothing better than having something you can put to good use that’s also super cute!
Similarly, this police wife mug (with printing on both sides!) would be a great gift combined with some nice tea or fancy hot cocoa mix.
That being said, maybe you’re looking for police wife gifts to give in the summer, in which case a hot drink container isn’t quite as welcome.
Fortunately, there are lots of options for water bottles, like these cute 32 ounce police wife water bottles.
They even have a time tracker on the side to help make sure she’s hydrated throughout the day!
These would be an especially welcome gift for the pregnant police wife. After all, I don’t know about anyone else, but I feel like I did little else but guzzle water throughout my pregnancies – so a solid water bottle was a must-have.
But there are certainly more options than that! Here are some helpful links for your search:
- Police wife water bottles on Amazon
- Police wife mugs on Amazon
- Thin blue line drinkware from Thin Blue Line USA (tons of great options here!)
In your search for police wife gifts, drinkware is a definitely a cute and functional idea she’ll love!
Books About Police Wife Life
Again, living police wife life can be lonely and stressful. Books that encourage police wives to live their best lives, regardless of the stress they’re facing, are a great gift idea.
I have personally written three books about police wife life. These consistently 5-star rated devotionals are the perfect way to encourage the Christian police wife!
Here are the devotionals I’ve written:
- The Proverbs 31 Police Wife by Leah Everly
- Refuge: A Spiritual Guide To A More Peaceful Law Enforcement Home by Leah Everly
- Unshakeable: A Hope Filled Devotional For Police Wives Facing An Anti-Cop World by Leah Everly
I’d say my most popular book is Unshakeable, especially in the current climate – but if you’re unsure, The Proverbs 31 Police Wife is a perennial favorite for sure.
Note that all three are available in paperback and eBook editions, but Unshakeable is the only one available currently as an audiobook – if that’s important to you!
There are other books about police wife life, too, of course. Some of the most popular ones include:
- Bullets In The Washing Machine by Melissa Littles
- I Love A Cop: What Police Families Need To Know by Ellen Kirschman
- Because I’m Suitable: The Journey Of A Wife On Duty by Alison Uribe
- Uncuffed: Bulletproofing The Law Enforcement Marriage by Leah and Scott Silverii
I’ve also heard good things about the guided journal, The Peacemaker’s Wife, from Rebecca Lynn of Proud Police Wife. Again, this one is a journal, not a reading book, though – so be sure to gift a nice pen with it 🙂
Regardless, as a big reader, I can say for sure that a good book is at the top of my personal list of the best police wife gifts.
RELATED POST: 7 Must-Read Books For Police Wives
Thin Blue Line Home Decor
There are lots of gorgeous thin blue line-inspired decorations for the home that make great gifts – so many so that I’m not even totally sure where to start!
Something customizeable with the last name of the recipient would make a great gift for a wedding, of course – like this customizeable thin blue line wall hanging:
- Here’s a super cozy looking thin blue line blanket that’s perfect for snuggling up with when the weather is cold.
- Does the police wife in question have a flag pole that she feels comfortable flying a thin blue line flag on? Here’s a great 3′ x 5′ thin blue line flag.
- No flag pole? Or maybe just worried they won’t want something so “out there” in the current climate? This garden-size thin blue line flag is perfect for the back yard!
- If you want her to be able to customize something of her own like her car or laptop, these police wife decals are super cute.
As you can see, the options here are all over the place – which could be good or bad depending on how decisive you are!
Want more ideas for thin blue line home decor? I’ve got a whole post here: Thin Blue Line Home Decor For Your Entire House. Be sure to check it out if you want some more ideas for police wife gifts (or if you want a little something for yourself!)
Police Wife Clothing
There are so many options now for thin blue line and police wife clothing!
Adorned & Worn Badge Gear has lots of super stylish and comfortable clothing options for the police wife in your life, like this awesome back the blue full-zip sweatshirt (that can be completely customized with last name, badge number, and/or department initials!):I really don’t know anyone who wouldn’t appreciate a nice sweatshirt like this (hint, hint to anyone reading this – ha!)
I also love the clothes from Thin Blue Line USA. They’re high-quality, soft, and super cute. Their T-shirts are some of my favorites because they’re super long and comfortable… and, of course, support law enforcement. Like this 2021 Police Week T-shirt:They’re also a company that you can feel good about shopping with because they donate 5% of every purchase to a law enforcement charity, and routinely offer a product where 100% of proceeds go to that charity. It’s awesome.
Of course, if you’re in a hurry and want to take advantage of your two-day Amazon Prime shipping, you may want to check out the surprisingly cute selection of police wife clothes on Amazon, like this super cute t-shirt (which has lots of different color options to choose from!):
If you’re still not sold on any of these ideas, check out my post on thin blue line clothing ideas. The post has lots of ideas for both casual and formal purposes, and some subtle and some bold options for backing the blue while out and about.
Regardless, if you’re looking for a gift that can be used regularly and snuggled up in, thin blue line clothes make great police wife gifts!
If you really want to give a memorable gift, check out a place like Groupon, where you can get an excellent deal on a experiences the police wife in your life can have.
Just perusing the options in my area gives me stuff like:
- Dance lessons
- Art lessons
- Fitness classes (Note: do this one with caution :))
- Horseback riding lessons
- Ice skating.
- A gift certificate to her favorite restaurant.
- A gift certificate for a restaurant you’ve never tried before.
- Ghost tours
- Horseback riding
- Fencing classes (seriously – does this not sound fun?)
And all other kinds of fun activities. Obviously these things will vary depending on where you live, but it’s definitely worth checking out!
If the police wife you’re in search of a gift for is a mom, you’ll definitely get bonus points by offering to babysit while she takes advantage of one of these experiences – or, better yet, pay for a babysitter for her, then do the thing with her!
Regardless of what you ultimately end up choosing to give the police wife in your life, this list of police wife gifts is the best place to get started.
- 6 Ways To Welcome A New Police Wife And Her Family Into Your Department
- How To Feel More Connected And Less Lonely As A Police Wife
- 8 Helpful police Wife Blogs You Should Know About