Are you and your police hubby in kind of a rut? Get out of it, and make your officer’s entire day with these 20 fun ideas!
Every so often, my husband and I get in too much of a routine. You might be familiar – the kind of thing where you’re just passing each other by, getting things done but not really taking the time to connect and enjoy each other.
Ever been there?
The thing I’ve learned about this kind of bad habit is that someone needs to take action to spur you both out of it. It doesn’t really matter who – it just matters that one of you change things up so you aren’t going through the motions anymore.
If you’re in kind of a situation like that right now, here are twenty ways to make your officer’s whole day and get you out of the rut you’re in!
20 Ways To Make Your Officer’s Entire Day
- Is he going to miss dinner tonight? Make him up an extra-special plate to eat when he gets home – maybe add a dessert like his favorite candy bar, or even a soda! It doesn’t have to be anything crazy – just a little something special can make him feel extra loved.
- Text him (or Polo him) a list of the reasons you’re crazy in love with him.
- Sneak a small gift for him into his patrol car (again, a candy bar works well – but maybe that’s just me and my hubby!)
- Give him a good, solid kiss before he leaves for work. Kiss him like you mean it!
- Plan a special date night, start to finish.
- Let him guilt-freely play video games and veg out after a long shift.
- Make him breakfast (or lunch, or dinner, as the case may be) in bed.
- Run him a nice, warm, bubbly bath to help him relax when he’s stressed out (like that episode of Friends where Chandler takes a bath… Remember that?)
- Put away your phone/tablet/computer when he’s in the room and focus on him.
- Ask him to work out with you one day. Whether that’s going for a run, lifting weights, or just going for a walk – this is great for endorphins, plus gets him in better shape and better prepared for patrol!
- Tell him what you admire about him.
- Pack him an awesome meal to eat on shift.
- Give him a gift card to his favorite fast food place so he can grab food on shift.
- Leave a sweet love note on his dresser.
- Let some of the chores slide in favor of a good snuggle session with him.
- Take over one of the chores he’s usually responsible for. Don’t mention it, just let him be pleasantly surprised by the extra down time!
- Compliment him – especially on something you know he might be struggling with right now.
- Make a CD of songs that make you think of him – it’s something he can listen to when he’s on patrol, so find stuff that will make him happy!
- Iron/steam his uniform.
- Get all dolled up for him. Bonus points for surprising him after a shift by being all cute.
Honestly, you don’t have to do anything crazy to make your officer’s day awesome. Most of these ideas are actually pretty simple!
So choose something, and know that you’ve done your part today to make your marriage a little better.
- 5 Ways To Make Police Week Awesome For Your Officer
- How To Have An Amazing Sex Life As A Police Couple
- How To Cope With The 10 Most Common Police Wife Problems