Need a way to stay connected with your officer this season? Try writing him a few fun Open When letters using these Christmas open when letter prompts!
When the holiday season comes around, it can be even harder to stay connected with your husband than the rest of the year. How can you bridge the gap between the two of you during what’s supposed to be the happiest time of year?
While there are lots of great ideas for day-of celebration alternatives (like the ideas I wrote about here: 3 Ways To Have A Merry Christmas Without Your Husband), there are also a few things you can do to prepare ahead of time to help you feel more connected.
One of my favorite ways to stay connected when you don’t have a lot of time together are through open when letters. These are themed letters they can open at a specified time, and they’re wonderfully flexible.
They can include just a simple letter, or you can add treats. You can even make a care package for ones you’re feeling particularly excited about, if you want to go that far. You can even use this pre-made Open When Letter stationery to help the process go more quickly 😉
The fact that they’re so flexible helps it fit whatever budget you have this year. It can be as simple or as elaborate as you’d like, but just taking the time to write them for your officer is going to make you feel warm and fuzzy toward him, and he’ll love them. Especially if he has a “words of affirmation” love language type.
In any case, I happen to love both Christmas and “open when” letters – so Christmas-themed open when letters for your officer? I’m definitely excited to share these ideas with you 🙂
18 Christmas Open When Letter Ideas For Your Officer
- Open on Christmas Day.
- Open on Christmas Eve.
- Open when you need to feel the holiday spirit.
- Open when you’re feeling Grinchy.
- Open when you wish you were home.
- Open when you’re cold.
- Open when you’re missing your family.
- Open when you need to remember the real meaning of Christmas.
- Open when you need hope.
- Open when you need to feel appreciated.
- Open when you’re feeling lonely.
- Open the first time you see Christmas lights.
- Open when you want to believe in Santa again.
- Open when you need to be reminded of good holidays past.
- Open when you want to think about good holidays we might have in the future.
- Open to find out some of the fun things I’d like to do with you this year.
- Open after a crappy call/stop.
- Open after a good call/stop.
There are definitely more you could do, but hopefully these will get you started!
By the way, seriously: if you want to do these, but don’t want to spend a ton of time making them cute, do yourself a favor and check out one of my done-for-you Open When Letter Kits – this one is specifically suited to the Christmas themed Open When letters in this post!
Other Open When Letter Ideas:
Related Holiday Posts:
- 5 Ways To Make The Holidays Special For Your Officer
- How To Bring Christmas Cheer To Your Husband’s Department
- 3 Ways To Have A Merry Christmas Without Your Husband